With 2019 in full swing, many people are looking ahead towards Spring Break and Memorial Day for their next vacation. With the kids out of school, families are planning on where to take their next big trip. Of course, you cannot talk about amazing family vacations without talking about Disney, and there are so many magical events happening this year! Here is a short list of all of the cool things happening at Walt Disney World in 2019:
1. Mickey and Minnie’s 90th Birthday Surprise Celebration
· It’s hard to believe that it’s been 90 years since Walt Disney created the wonderful character we know as Mickey Mouse. In typical Disney fashion, the parks are ready to celebrate! For most of the year, until late September, there are many special events happening in honor of this big celebration. From specialty foods at the restaurants in Magic Kingdom, to limited-time dance parties with the characters down Main Street U.S.A., to special photo ops with Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits, 2019 is going to be magical! Happy Birthday Mickey!
2. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Coming in Fall of 2019
· Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is the first ride that the Imagineers announced and fans could not be more excited! When else are you going to get the opportunity to fly one of the greatest ships in the galaxy?
· Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is the second attraction and it takes a bit of a different approach. While the attraction itself is still shrouded in mystery as to what exactly it entails, it is obvious that this is one of the most technologically-advanced rides in park history. It is even said that the entire experience is almost half an hour long and will feature songs written exclusively for the ride!
3. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
· This new ride set to open fall 2019 in Hollywood Studios is inspired by those amazing cartoon shorts we all know and love. It will be the first ride-through attraction themed specifically to Mickey Mouse. Perfect timing for his birthday!
4. Wonderful World of Animation
· Hollywood Studios is having a busy year! In May 2019 the Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show is scheduled to open in honor of the park’s 30th anniversary celebration. It will be a brand new cinematic nighttime experience with state-of-the-art technology, taking guests on a magical journey through 90 years of animation, starting with Mickey himself. It all started with a Mouse after all!
5. Toy Story Land
· Yes, Toy Story Land has already made its debut back in the summer of 2018, but it’s still a relatively new part of the park! With the fun and exciting Slinky Dog Dash Coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers, it’s nice to have something that is already open and guests are enjoying! Plus, food is not a problem with Woody’s Lunch Box ready to meet you needs with a nice Lunch Box Tart.
2019 is full of amazing events and is going to be a great year for Disney World!
If you need helping planning your Disney vacation, contact us! We would love to help your magical vacation dreams come true!